Orthodontic treatment from your trusted family dentist in West Hills, CA
The team at Royal Dental Practice is dedicated to keeping West Hills families smiling. We understand that crooked teeth and malocclusion can have a negative impact on your confidence as well as your oral health. That is why we are proud to offer a variety of advanced orthodontics for adults and adolescents.
What orthodontics can do for you
Invisalign clear aligners or traditional metal braces work by gently and gradually shifting teeth into proper alignment. While most people associate braces with straightening crooked teeth, they can also treat problems such as overbite, underbite, and cross bite. Correcting orthodontic problems can have many benefits including:
- Improve chewing efficiency – The digestive process begins in the mouth. The chewing process breaks food down into small pieces and mixes it with saliva. When you are not able to chew properly, you may not be getting the most nutrients from what you eat.
- Prevent tooth damage – If just a few teeth are doing all the work when you chew your food, they are being subjected to excess wear and tear. In some cases, it can also increase the risk of fractures or other tooth trauma.
- Reduce jaw pain – The jaw (temporomandibular joint) is a powerful, yet delicate and complex joint. Poor alignment can lead to jaw pain, and even increased headaches and other problems.
- More effective oral hygiene – Crowding of teeth can create tight spaces that are difficult or impossible to clean. This creates a haven for the harmful bacteria that cause tooth decay.
- Cosmetic improvement – Crooked teeth can detract from the appearance of your smile. This is one of the most common reasons why people seek orthodontic treatment.
In rare cases, severe orthodontic problems may require measures such as tooth extraction or oral surgery. However, most cases can be corrected by wearing braces. There are two choices, both of which are highly effective:
- Invisalign – Clear, removable aligners
- Traditional – Metal brackets and wires
We are here to help
You do not have to suffer with unattractive, painful, or damaging orthodontic problems. Help is just a phone call away. Contact Royal Dental Practice at (818) 334-6655 to schedule a consultation.