Bright, white teeth are one of the hallmarks of a brilliant smile. When teeth are stained, yellowed, or dull, it can make you look older and less healthy than you really are. At Royal Dental Practice in West Hills Los Angeles, California, we offer customized teeth whitening solutions to help refresh your smile’s appearance safely and effectively. Our dentist, Dr. Roya Shoffet, explains why teeth stains occur and the benefits of opting for professional whitening instead of over-the-counter products.
Causes of teeth stains
Teeth stains can be caused by several factors:
- Consuming certain foods and beverages: Coffee, tea, red wine, pasta sauce… all of these deeply pigmented foods and beverages are among people’s favorites, but they can, unfortunately, lead to stained and discolored teeth.
- Smoking or chewing tobacco: The tar and nicotine in tobacco are easily absorbed by teeth, leading to yellow or brown stains.
- Getting older: As we age, our enamel begins to thin, revealing more of the dentin that lies beneath. This can contribute to a yellowed appearance in your teeth.
- Taking certain medications: Tetracycline, blood pressure medications, and other types of medication can cause stains to develop on your teeth.
Benefits of professional teeth whitening
With all of the teeth whitening products available at your local pharmacy or grocery store, it can be tempting to grab one of them to try and brighten your smile. However, most of these products offer sub-optimal results. Professional teeth whitening is:
- Safe, with medical-grade whitening gels and a customized approach that keeps the products on your teeth and off of your sensitive gums
- Effective, whitening your smile many shades lighter in a short period of time
- Reliable, providing uniform whitening on all surfaces of your teeth instead of the uneven whitening that can occur with over-the-counter products
- Great at treating deep stains that are resistant to whitening
A whiter smile is within reach
With professional teeth whitening, you can renew the appearance of your smile and your confidence. Call our West Hills Los Angeles, CA office at (818) 334-6655 today to schedule a teeth whitening consultation at Royal Dental Practice!
Share this Article